Monday, January 14, 2008

Kaitlyn's Birthday Blast

I'm a bit behind in posting this, but Kaitlyn turned 8 a few weeks ago. We had her party at a fun place that's really kid-friendly. They have trampolines, ping pong, dance mats, climbing structures, and all sorts of crazy games. Anyway, we invited all of the cousins on Jeremy's side of the family. (Remember his brother Jeff has 11 children!) Kaitlyn had a good time, and she even let us sing Happy Birthday to her. (Last year she burst into tears when we sang to her!)She wouldn't open presents in public this year, but we've at least made some strides since last year! Enjoy the pictures. I also wanted to let you know that Kaitlyn has received a few awards at school lately. She got what's called the MOST award, and we got to make a poster for her. It's hanging on a wall at school for the next few weeks. And today she received what's called a Golden Paw award. She gets a ribbon on the Golden Paw wall at school, and she got to call Mommy and Daddy from school to let us know the good news. Way to go, Kaitlyn! (P.S. Check out Steph's blog...she actually updated it tonight!)

She's growing up!

Caleb playing checkers with Dad, Grandad, and LaTricia

"Nana, you're too big for the train!"
Aunt Mahriah and cousins

Princess Kaitlyn and another precious cousin

5 comments:

Amy Woods said...

Happy Birthday, Kaitlyn!! And seriously Aunt Lana....get off the train!!! That made me laugh so hard!

M Holly said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Kaitlyn. You are growing up to be such a big gril and it looks like a wonderful cousin! Lana, you go girl!

Aunt Holly

Anonymous said...

I thought Aunt Lana on the train was hilarious too! Happy Birthday miss Kaitlyn! Sounds like a great party. Hey, I have to tell you that my Mom brought me a box of letters that I had saved from my childhood. There was a letter from you from 1988!! You talked about gymnastic camp. What made me sad is that the paper that it came on is yellowing! Are we THAT old!!??

Party of Five said...

Happy Birthday sweet Kaitlyn!!!! Looked like a great party. Did mom have any trouble getting out of the train? I think I would have been stuck for ever.

Kari said...

Sara,

Yes, we're getting that old! Gosh, we were 12 years old in 1988! Geez!