Well, Caleb reached a milestone this week. On Monday, Jeremy removed the training wheels from Caleb's bike. Jeremy ran alongside him almost all evening. By nightfall, Caleb was riding for short bits by himself. On Tuesday evening, he was anxious to try it again. It took awhile for him to get the hang of it again, but he did pretty good. Then on Wednesday and Thursday, my little boy was riding like a pro...still had a few spills here and there, but he was like a fearless speed demon! He even invited Pa and Nana over to witness his accomplishment!
With his birthday coming up, it may be time for a new bike!
Kaitlyn insists on keeping her training wheels, but I figure she'll be ready on her own timeframe!
5 comments:
That is a HUGE deal!! Tell Caleb I said he totally Rocks!!! I remember that day when my kids did that. Bitter sweet!!
Great job Caleb! Aunt Stephanie is so proud of you. Taylor is still practicing on two wheels.
Another milestone reached! Way to go Caleb! Kaitlyn, you look like such a big girl on your bike!
A. Holly
That's so fun! I wish I could get my kids to ride a bike! One day I'll have to tell you the "bike-a-thon" story with Hollyn...not my finest mothering moment. Something about me telling her "get back out there and ride or I'm leaving" makes me think there will be permanent damage!
Sara, believe me...I have those moments, too!
Post a Comment