Thursday, August 9, 2007
Mom Loses Battle over Clothes!
I never knew boys were picky about their clothes! Caleb and I had a "discussion" about that a few mornings ago. I was a bit behind in the laundry (That's not uncommon for me!), so I had limited choices for Caleb's attire for that particular day. So I chose some jean shorts and an orange knit shirt...kinda like a golf shirt. Well, World War III ensued! He quickly informed me he would not be wearing that shirt. "Why do I have to wear something nice today?" he asked. (Well, last time I checked that outfit was not particularly dressy!) Nonetheless, he proceeded to select a more suitable t-shirt with glow-in-the-dark bats on it, and I decided the drama wasn't worth it! I simply informed him that I would not be buying him a lot of new school clothes if he wouldn't wear them. I'd be more than happy to spend the money on Kaitlyn because she'll wear anything! So in the future, if you see pics of Caleb looking like a ragamuffin, you'll know why!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I wish I could tell you that that kind of drama is a one time occurence, but it isn't. You'll get to have that discussion many more times! How did Kaitlyn's orthodontist appointment go this week?
The appointment went okay. She didn't cry at least! They'll be doing molds again next week, so we'll see...
That is so funny! Oooops, I mean...not funny! That is the EXACT conversation I have had with Ridgedon. I get so tired of him saying he will wear something in the store and then getting home and wearing the same white swim shirt everyday...you'll see it on him in my last post!! Oh girl, I think we've only just begun!!
Oh, and I just looked...he is wearing it the post before that. See?????? Uggghhh!!
I have this discussion with Sydney daily. I refuse to buy her any pants or shorts because she wull wear only dresses and tutus.
I had that exact same conversation with Matt when we first got married...I'm not completely serious. He just had it stuck in his mind that a ratty old t-shirt and shorts was fine for ANY occasion. But ten years later and I've won him over! There's hope.
Post a Comment