Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Price for Beauty

Kaitlyn had her first appointment with the orthodontist this morning. One word describes the experience...nightmare! Okay, the WHOLE experience was not a nightmare, but the end of the appointment was less than spectacular! We started the appointment in the waiting room where she proceeded to go through all the magazines and tear out all the little perforated cards they contained. She likes to collect and sort things like that! Once we got to the room, she did great with the x-rays, photographs, and the exam. However, her positive attitude changed when they attempted to do the molds of her teeth. Her loud screams alerted the whole office to her presence! When we finished the upper molds, little did she know we still had the lower molds to go! Yikes! Once the molds were done, she did not let anyone touch her for the rest of the appointment. Oh, yes, they tried to bribe her with prizes, but little did THEY know she is not easily manipulated! Once we left the office, I drove her to daycare, but she refused to get out of the car. Luckily, Nana bailed me out by agreeing to let Kaitlyn be her little helper for the day. There's nothing that makes Kaitlyn more happy than spending time with Nana and Papa! As for the next orthodontist appointment, I scheduled it for late in the afternoon so that she can simply go home with me afterwards! I'm getting smarter at this parenthood concept as every day passes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I don't blame her. I can VIVIDLY remember the molds and I always gagged. Poor girl, I hope it gets better! I'm just catching up on your last two blogs since we were on vacation. Thanks for telling us more about Jeremy. I can't wait to meet him someday.

Anonymous said...

I know I hated those molds! I choked on that gel stuff because it just goes right down your throat. It sounds like you are adjusting well with each new experience.

Good luck on your next appointment.

Amy Woods said...

Oooohhhh, I don't blame her!! That stuff is nasty!