As you may know, I don't cook often. I pretty much use my kitchen counter as a mail collection dump, and I use my stovetop only to boil water. Okay, perhaps I exaggerate a bit. I do know how to cook, and I do so on occasion. Apparently, however, my children are not accustomed to seeing me in that role.
Last night we were baking some brownies--the homemade kind, not from a box! We had placed all the ingredients in the mixing bowl and were ready to mix it. I got out my handy dandy handheld beater/mixer thingy. (No, I don't have a fancy stand mixture like some of you do!) As I was preparing to push the On button, Caleb shouts out, "TAKE COVER!!!!"
Okay, really? Do I seriously bake so infrequently that it warrants a mass warning to the neighborhood? Am I so bad that my son has to hide behind the counter as if he's prepared for the commencement of heavy artillery? I think not!
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kari, you are so funny! Or should I say your kids are so funny? I know you can cook. Your mom told me so!
Yeah, there's no need to advertise I can cook though...by claiming not to be a cook, no one has expectations for me to do so! LOL
Post a Comment