Monday, February 9, 2009

Oh My Goodness!

Oh my goodness...what in the world happened? It's been almost a month since my last post! I cannot even begin to describe what my life is like right now. I vowed in December not to have a stressful spring semester, so how have things gone so horribly awry? Just some quick updates...

Kaitlyn will be changing schools next year to one that offers a special program for kids like her. I don't know yet if we'll make Caleb switch, too. I love his current school, and he has some good friends there. Avery wants to change schools, too. Oh, the decisions of parenthood!

Kaitlyn and Caleb also have a new half-sister, Ashlyn. As far as I know, the kids are adjusting well. No regressions to thumb sucking or anything...oh wait, Caleb never stopped sucking his thumb!

Baseball season starts soon, too. Tryouts are in two weeks. Luckily, Avery and Caleb will be on the same team this year, and Jeremy will NOT be coaching!!! In the meantime, Avery also stays occupied and physically active with basketball and cheerleading.

Okay, so the "biggie" that is consuming all my free time is that stinkin' dissertation. I will defend in mid-March and plan to graduate in May. This means I have just a few more weekends to finish writing before I have to submit it to my committee members for review.

Keeping the stress to a minimum has become increasingly comical, as I found out today that I need to have a minor "procedure" because I had a few bad test results. Ladies, all I can say is that I am now a firm believer in the importance of annual exams!

So...although I remain jovial in my outlook, and I perceive my life to be quite comical at times, all I can do is shake my head, laugh, pray, ask for prayers, and pray some more! There is a purpose and a time for everything!

No comments: