Saturday, May 31, 2008

End-of-School Updates

Kaitlyn and Caleb's last day of school was Thursday. Avery got out Friday. Before the summer gets too far along, I wanted to share a few last minute details about the year. Like everyone else, all 3 kiddos had their awards presentations at the end of the year. I didn't get to attend Avery's (and Jeremy didn't take pictures, only video!)...BUT she got the perfect attendance award, a reading award, and a s-p-e-l-l-i-n-g award! My kids definitely did not get the perfect attendance award! Nonetheless, they both got a technology award...how ironic! It's not an award that everyone gets, but my kids apparently love computers. Caleb also got the math award, and Kaitlyn got a community service-type of award.

Holding her awards folder after the cermony

Hugging his teacher after the ceremony

I guess we offically have a first, second, and third grader now...and don't forget me and Jeremy. I'm a perpetual graduate student, and Jeremy will be a graduate student starting in the fall. He'll be working on his MBA over the next few years. Hopefully, I will finish my dissertation soon...my official proposal to my committee is Monday morning. Three chapters down...three to go! I'm having a party as soon as I'm finished...you're all invited!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your kids look so big. And that Caleb is a spitting image of your dad (I know, I've said that before but I'm still amazed). Congrats on three chapters down on your dissertation. Hopefully the last three will be easy breazy!