First of all, let me tell everyone that my cousin Amy traveled to China last week to meet the new addition to their family...their 4th child! They finally got to pick her up today, and she's a cutie! Please pray for Adiah to adjust quickly to having a new mommy and daddy and to make a smooth transition to her new life in America. Her life is changing completely, which is a very scary thing for a little girl, I'm sure. But I know that Amy and Brian will provide a good home for her and will raise her to be an admirable woman in God's image.
Less importantly, but still exciting for us...we received an offer on our house today. We're in the process of negotiating right now, so we're waiting on pins and needles. In the meantime, Jeremy and I are getting ready to leave town tonight to attend his conference in Austin. There's lots going on! Finally, I accepted a new job last week. I wasn't looking, but I guess things don't always happen on my timeframe! God is in control! Anyway, I'll be working at the Health Sciences Center starting March31. It seems like an excellent career move for me and my family, and I think I'll really enjoy the people with whom I'll be working. Unfortunately, I'll also miss the ones I work with now! (Oh yeah, the fun part is that I've been teasing Jeremy non-stop by telling him that he and I will get to see each other all the time. We can car pool, eat lunch together, etc. since we'll be in the same building...he is super excited, or is it super scared? LOL)
Last but not least...I need to give an exciting update on my dissertation. I collected data for 2 weeks this month, and I finally counted my questionnaires last night. I collected data from 426 students! Yea! That's one big burden lifted from my shoulders, and I continue to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Slowly but surely, the light is getting brighter! (It'll be even brighter at the end of the week if I stay focused and write on my dissertation faithfully while in Austin.)
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow! Congratulations on the offer. I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed that everything works out. Partially because I truly wish the best for you and partially because I'll laugh when thinking about you starting a new job and moving at the same time.
Aren't I deliciously evil?
Isn't the timing great?
Congratulations on your new job. Isn't it wonderful when things just fall in your lap? Like our new house. We weren't looking to move, but here we are getting all settled in at the "farm". We know it won't be long til that dissertation is finished!
A. Holly
Post a Comment