Sunday, October 21, 2007

Rice and Birthday Candles

I haven't had much to write about lately, but something silly finally happened. I worked for 7 hours on my dissertation yesterday, and when I was done, I needed to get out of the house. Jeremy was cooking dinner, so I offered to go to the grocery store to pick up some eggs. (He was making Asian food so he needed them for the fried rice.) Anyway, when I returned home, he came out to the garage to greet me. He said he had a candlelight dinner waiting for me inside. Well, when I went to the kitchen, I found a small glass bowl filled with white rice and two birthday candles sticking out of the rice! LOL He and I had a good laugh about it because he knew how cheesy he was. I told him it was the thought that counted!

2 comments:

M Holly said...

You bet it was the thought that counted! What a great guy - and very creative! You are truly blessed to have him as your husband.

Party of Five said...

Go Jeremy!!!! It is hard to surprise that girl.