Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A New Method for Pulling Teeth

After work a few weeks ago, I went to pick up the kids at their after-school program. When I walked in, Caleb ran up to me and showed me that he had two loose teeth. That's weird, I thought...his teeth weren't loose that morning! Well, he proceeded to cry and whine a bit that night, complaining that his mouth was hurting. When I asked him about his loose teeth, he seemed to dodge the subject a lot...as if he were hiding something. It took awhile before Jeremy was able to get Caleb to fess up to what really happened. It turns out that he put a rope into his mouth and allowed one of his buddies to lead him around by the rope. Apparently, they got pretty wild because two of his bottom teeth were leaning forward at a 45 degree angle. Lovely... I've heard of pulling teeth out with a string, but never a rope! (At least they were baby teeth!)

P.S. When I asked Caleb why it took so long to tell me what happened, he said, "I was afraid you would be louder." In other words, people, he thought I was going to yell at him! Me? Yell? I would never! LOL

No comments: