Monday, October 27, 2008
A Woman of Few Words
So I'm sitting here in a hotel room in Indianapolis. I've been here since Friday for a conference. In my late night boredom, I remembered a story I wanted to blog. Last week Jeremy, Kaitlyn, Caleb, and I were eating dinner. (No, people, I didn't cook...we were at a restaurant!) After our food arrived, we bowed our heads to say a prayer. Kaitlyn indicated she wanted me to say half of the prayer, and she wanted to say the other half. So...we bowed our heads. I said what I wanted to say, and then I waited for Kaitlyn to contribute her half. Long pause....silence...more silence as we waited for the great words of wisdom to emerge from Kaitlyn's lips. We waited and waited for the eloquence and innocence of a child's prayer. And then it happened..."Amen," she said. Straight and to the point! No more. No less. That's my Kaitlyn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I Love it! She was probably trying to process everything you had said and realized there wasn't anything left. Really, "Amen" says it all.
I bet she was just havin' her moment with the Lord. That's a hysterical story...definitely one for the books!
Post a Comment