Monday, August 18, 2008

Not This Boy!

I've been brainstorming activities that the kids might enjoy doing this fall. Kaitlyn and Caleb both played baseball in the spring, but neither has any organized activity planned for the fall. Kaitlyn has been fickle about taking a dance class, and as of last week, she said she did NOT want to take ballet or jazz. So there you go...we're not taking dance! With Caleb, I've suggested soccer, karate, and so on. So last week I was talking to him on the phone, and I asked if he wanted to take a tumbling and trampoline class. He proceeded to scoff and chuckle at the idea. I said, "What? Lots of boys take classes like that..." And he responded by saying, "Well, this kind of boy does NOT do things like that!" Oh well...I guess my hopes for an Olympic gymnast are shattered! (Now I'm depending on my cousin Amy's daughter to fulfill those dreams for me! Go Natalie!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't give up on him! For the last 3 Olympics I have MADE Matt sit down and watch mens gymnastics and he is finally convinced that they have to be some of the strongest men out there...and so buff (that's me saying that). So now he's OK with our son taking gymnastics. Funny thing...he actually thought the men's floor routine was to music!! HaHa!

Kari said...

Jeremy wondered why the guys didn't do their floor routines to music, too! Can you imagine?