One of the things we've struggled with regarding Kaitlyn is identifying something to use as a reward for positive behavior. Many kids are motivated by candy, money, one-on-one time with a parent, and so on. Not Kaitlyn! With her, we've had a hard time determining what will motivate her on a consistent basis. Well, people, I think I may have found something!
This morning Kaitlyn was on the verge of having a melt-down when I dropped her off at daycare. But I managed to head it off by promising her we'd make an Excel spreadsheet together. Yes, you read correctly. My child doesn't want a popsicle or new toy...she wants to make a spreadsheet on the computer! Guess what I'll be doing tonight!
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow! What a unique kid! That's the funniest thing I've read all day. You must be proud to have such an intellect at the age of 6, or is it 7? Have fun tonight!
A. Holly
Wow!!! She IS her grandfather's grandchild isn't she?
I can totally relate. I love a good spreadsheet too. You should see my budget one! And...NO ONE is allowed to touch it! Gotta love organization!
Jump on over to my blog...you've been tagged!! You're welcome!!
Post a Comment