Well, we have survived the Christmas festivities yet again! We spent Christmas Eve at Nana and Papa's house. After eating a wonderful meal cooked by my mom and Grandma Lela, we kicked off the gift exchange with our second annual scavenger hunt. Nana creates clues for the kids to find hidden presents. Caleb's final clue led him to the piano bench where he found a movie and a Spiderman toy. Then it was Kaitlyn's turn! She did great until she reached the final destination, which was behind a plant in Nana and Pa's bedroom. She located the present, but when she looked up and saw that 6 people were staring at her, she broke down into tears and fell to the floor saying, "I don't want this present!" After a bit of embarrassment on my part, I took her aside and explained the importance of being appreciative for the gifts she receives. She calmed down fairly quickly, and by the end of the night, she was playing happily with the toys she had gotten. We chalked up the "episode" to her fear of being the center of attention, not to her disappointment with the actual gift!

Caleb's Scavenger Hunt

Pre-Melt Down!
The highlight of the evening at Nana and Pa's house were the Nintendo DS's they got the kids. Caleb's eyes lit up when he opened it! Both had fun playing them the rest of the night. (Caleb actually played the games...Kaitlyn preferred to turn the games on and off and practice putting in the cartridges over and over! LOL)
Caleb shows Grandma Lela how to play!
Pa helps Kaitlyn set up her DS.
Christmas Day festvities started bright and early at 5 a.m. when I heard Avery and Kaitlyn rummaging around in the living room. I sent them back to bed and told them to sleep until 6:30, but I don't think much more sleeping occurred! We soon found all 3 of them on Caleb's top bunk bed playing their DS's. So Jeremy and I gave in and let them go investigate what Santa had brought them. They had a great time! By noon, all the kids had gone to their other parents' houses, so Jeremy and I enjoyed another fabulous lunch at Nana's house. The festivities ended at Jeremy's brother's house that night.
Christmas Morning
No comments:
Post a Comment