Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Metal Mouth

We survived today's orthodontist appointment, and we don't have to go back until November! They installed Kaitlyn's appliance today, and overall, she did a great job! She's had some difficulty eating today and she's talking a bit funny, but I think she'll get used to it soon. She hasn't even complained that she can't suck her fingers anymore! Being the great mom I am, I also took her to get some blood drawn this afternoon. It took four of us to hold her down, but we got it done. Because she did so good today, she gets to spend the night with Nana and Pa this weekend. She loves that one-on-one attention!

I also completed another long day of testing yesterday. I wore a heart monitor for 24 hours, had some lung tests and an MRI, and then did some crazy cognitive tests. They concluded thus far that I am an overachiever even as an MS patient!

2 comments:

Amy Woods said...

Yeah for overachievers! I, however, am not one! I'm so glad that Kaitlyn hasn't complained about her appliance. Is it an expander? Emily had to have one of those and did okay with it. Natalie has her next gymnastics meet this weekend. Can we say...I live at the gym?

M Holly said...

Way to go Kaitlyn! The worst is over - I think!

Aunt Holly